Monday 26 August 2013

Week 5 Independent Study

1. Write a paragraph describing your strategy for the concealing and the revealing of your letter / number combination, to be embedded into your island.

My letter and number combination is G and 5. The strategy I am using is to have G and 5 as the shape of my island as the largest of 5 scales and I did that using geocontrols. Another strategy is to use vegetation (river tress and rocks) to form the combination, this scale is most visible at certain angles from the top view. For my micro scale, I would use brush tool to put in the combination and it will be placed on the terrain of one of my areas in the island.

2. Drafts


The Cliff

The Park

Riverside
The Coast


Forest Cabins

The Forest




Reflection

In this lecture, I find the sample videos useful as an inspiration on how to reveal my initial and number in my island. One particular website that I find useful was absolutad.com and after the lecture I went to check out their gallery page how they have managed to display the bottles in some very intelligent way and that gave me ideas on how I could plant in my letter and number. 

No comments:

Post a Comment