Wednesday 14 August 2013

Week 3 Independent Study

problem encountered: cryengine failure, couldnt open for some reason.

Images showing textures and object in my island

Shaping the island

Terrain layer painting

1. 5th reference image from Capability Brown- Clumber Park vs my crisis environment

Clumber Park
credits: http://www.gardenvisit.com/garden/clumber_park

my crysis environment


2. video:




3. Reflection

This week's topic was on 'The Picturesque'. What I learnt from this lecture is, sometimes, certain things doesn't have to be too practical in the picture but having certain elements in the scene or environment makes the place look nicer, or as people say more picturesque. It was interesting to see how different periods had different ways of seeing things. What I find really deep was the chinese definition of having a bridge, it means living through one's life. In the island I'm creating, I too want to create a path or a route that directs people to a place or to a scene that I particularly find interesting and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment